- This event has passed.
Integrating Myofunctional Therapy For Dentistry & Speech Language Pathology
This course was held November 17, 2018 - November 18, 2018 in Concord, Canada
- To close the gap between health professionals providing orofacial myofunctional treatments.
- Understand the phenomenom involved in craniofacial growth and development in children from birth to adulthood.
- Integrate the current knoweledge on the growth potential and responsiveness of the tissues of the craniofacial complex in to the clinical treatments.
Educational Method: Lectures.
CE Points: 2 days course 11 points.
Day 1 Saturday
- Craniofacial Anatomy (Dr. German Ramirez)
- Functional Anatomy (DR. German Ramirez)
- Myofunctional & Orofacial Disorders (Dr. Mohamed Mohamed)
- MFT for the Speech Pathology (Dr. Mohamed Mohamed)
Day 2 Sunday
- MFT & Orthodontics (Fabiola Nossa)
- MF Connection between Dentistry and SP
- Diaphragm Breath @ Hyperventilation
- Breathing Awareness
- KBW App
- Sound and Vocal exercises
Dr. German Ramirez-Yañez is a Pediatric Dentist Certified by the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. Between his areas of expertise, he has a special interest in intervening early when a problem in the children’s bite is developing. He is a member of the Canadian Dental Association, Ontario Dental Association, Canadian Academy of Paediatric Dentistry and the American Academy of Paediatric Dentistry.
Dr. Mohamed A. Mohamed holds a Master’s Degree in Psychology, a Mater degree in Speech-Language Pathologyand a PhD in Clinical Psychology. In addition, he has been a certified Orofacial Myologist since December 2013.
Mohamed holds a Certificate of Clinical of Clinical Competence (CCC) for the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). He is registered Speech-Language Pathologist with the College of Audiologist and Speech – Language and Audiology of Ontario (CASLPO) and member of Speech-Language and Audiology Canada (SAC)