- This event has passed.
Functional Approach to Frenuloplasty (Tongue-Tie Release)
This course was held May 17, 2019 in Los Angeles, CA
Instructors: Soroush Zaghi, MD; and Sanda Valcu-Pinkerton, RDHAP, OMT
Join us for a day of lecture and surgical observation, including a comprehensive overview of our protocol and procedures. Topics include:
- Tongue-tie diagnosis in children and adults
- Identifying compensations for tongue tie
- Pre/post-op myofunctional therapy exercises
- When a patient is ready for the frenuloplasty
- Surgical techniques using scissors and sutures
- Hands-on suturing workshop on synthetic tissue
- Identifying the endpoints of release
- Understanding the aftercare process
- What to look for during post-op appointments
The objective of this course is to improve the outcomes of tongue-tie release surgery through group discussion and demonstration. Live surgical demonstrations will be performed.
Please note: Enrollment is generally limited to 15-20 participants. Class size is small by design for an intimate educational experience and more individual instruction.