- This event has passed.
Dental Lasers: Basic Competency Hands-On Workshop
This course was held November 2, 2018 in Detroit, MI
The full range of diagnostic and therapeutic applications for soft tissue and hard tissue will be demonstrated and discussed. This program includes both lecture and hands-on with a short multiple choice group examination, covering a comprehensive overview and basic understanding of all dental laser devices, laser tissue interactions, and safety and operation of a variety of dental lasers.
The Hands-on Laser experience promises to be interactive and enjoyable. Interactive discussions will provide a balanced view of dental laser wavelengths, techniques and applications including:
- Current dental laser wavelengths for hard and soft tissue procedures, diagnosis and treatment
- Laser tissue interaction, its effects and results
- Treatment objectives, sequence, patient management and healing assessment
- Basic Laser physics, how lasers work and brief laser safety consideration
Hands on portion includes:
- Surgical technique simulation of various soft and hard tissue applications
- Set-up and operation of various laser systems
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Gain a basic understanding of various dental laser devices
- Be able to make informed decisions about the safe and effective uses of dental laser technology