This course will be held October 9 in Detroit, MI
The full range of diagnostic and therapeutic applications for soft tissue and hard tissue will be demonstrated and discussed. This program includes both lecture and hands-on with a short multiple-choice group examination, covering a comprehensive overview and basic understanding of all dental laser devices, laser-tissue interactions and safety and operation of a variety of dental lasers.
The hands-on laser experience promises to be interactive and enjoyable. Interactive discussions will provide a balanced view of dental laser wavelengths, techniques and applications including:
- Current dental laser wavelengths for hard and soft tissue procedures, diagnosis and treatment
- Laser tissue interaction, its effects and results
- Treatment objectives, sequence, patient management and healing assessment
- Basic laser physics, how lasers work and brief laser safety consideration
- Surgical technique simulation of various soft and hard tissue applications
- Set-up and operation of various laser systems
Instructor: Annette Skowronski, D.D.S.