Veterinary Clinical Atlas of CO₂ Laser Surgery Procedures by John Godbold, DVM
The American Laser Study Club (ALSC) is now offering its members a discounted price on the “Atlas of CO2 Laser Surgery Procedures” created by ALSC honorary member and recipient of the 2019 Kumar Patel Prize in Laser Surgery, John C. Godbold, Jr., DVM.
Regularly $90; ALSC members pay only $60.* To Order Your Copy, Call Us at 888-206-2710.
As a clinician who utilizes a laser – would you like to incorporate more laser surgeries into your practice? The Atlas of CO2 Laser Surgery Procedures includes step-by-step slideshows and videos, helping laser surgeons better utilize their lasers, perform more laser surgeries, and in effect increase their revenues from laser surgery. The atlas also includes information about laser safety, CO2 laser-tissue interaction and most efficient surgery techniques.
The procedures in the Atlas reflect the diversity of applications in which a CO2 laser can be used in a small animal veterinary practice. All surgeries were performed utilizing CO2 lasers with the flexible hollow waveguide delivery system. The Atlas is compatible with Windows 7/8/10 and can be installed from the USB drive.
Clinical Procedures Included in the Atlas
- Ano-Uro-Genital Procedures (10)
- Anal Sac Excision – Closed Technique
- Anal Sac Excision – Open Technique
- Canine Neuter
- Cystotomy – Transitional Cell Carcinoma Ablation
- Feline Neuter
- Feline Perineal Urethrostomy – Traditional
- Feline Perineal Urethrostomy – Modified
- Perianal Adenoma
- Preputial Stricture
- Miscellaneous Soft-Tissue Procedures (11)
- Abscess Incision and Drainage
- Digital Fibroma Excision
- Liver Biopsy
- Sebaceous Cyst
- Toenail Lasing
- Elbow Hygroma
- Lick Granuloma
- Persistent Right Aortic Arch
- Oral Procedures (9)
- Acanthomatous Epulis
- Lingual Plasmacytoma
- Oral Mucosal Hyperplasia
- Tissue Sculpting
- Feline Stomatitis
- Gingival Hyperplasia
- Oral Fibrosarcoma
- Sublingual Sialocele
- Respiratory Procedures (8)
- Laryngeal Paralysis
- Nasal Hyperkeratosis
- Soft Palate Resection
- Stenotic Nares – Feline
- Laryngeal Saccule Eversion
- Nasal Planum Resection
- Stenotic Nares – Canine
- Ear Procedures (4)
- Aural Hematoma
- Cerumen Gland Adenocarcinoma
- Ear Canal Polyp
- Ear Crop
- Eye Procedures (10)
- Cherry Eye
- Feline Squamous Cell Carcinoma – Eyelid
- Indolent Ulcer
- Laser Keratectomy
- Eyelid Melanoma
- Feline Squamous Cell Carcinoma – Third Eyelid
- Lacrimal Punctotomy
- Meibomium Gland Tumor
- Oncological Procedures (9)
- Basal Cell Tumor Ablation
- Mammary Lumpectotomy
- Melanocytic Nevus
- Tumor Excision and Ablation – Ear Cartilage
- Incisional Biopsy
- Sebaceous Hyperplasia – Adenoma
- Orthopedic Procedures (4)
- Gerbil Tail Amputation
- Stifle Imbrication – Laser Assisted
- Tail Amputation
- Toe Amputation
- Reference Articles (7)
- Laser Settings
- Tips and Tidbits to Make Your Laser Easier To Use
- Why Using Your Laser Should Be Non-Optional
- Standardized Recording System For Hollow Waveguide CO2 Surgical Laser Settings
- SuperPulse – Is it Really Super?
- The Sticky Question – Which Tissue Adhesive Should I Use?
- Through The Handpiece: A Focused Look at CO2 Laser Delivery Systems
- New Developments for CO2 Lasers
- The First Tipless Handpiece for Hollow Waveguide Lasers
- Tipless Handpiece Video
The recommended wattages, focusing tip sizes and waveforms are safe starting points for beginner veterinary surgeons. The materials in the atlas are not a replacement for in-depth training in laser physics, laser safety, and applications of veterinary CO2 laser surgery.
To Order Your Copy, Call Us at 888-206-2710.
About the Author
Dr. John C. Godbold, Jr., DVM, is a world-renowned expert and teacher of CO2 laser surgery. He has led hundreds of laser surgery workshops, wet-labs, and CE meetings throughout the U.S. and Europe. Dr. Godbold is an honorary member of the ALSC and recipient of the 2019 Kumar Patel Prize in Laser Surgery.
The Atlas also features contributions from seven other prominent laser surgeons: Ray Arza, DVM; Daniel M. Core, DVM; Jeff Goodall, DVM; David Helland, DVM; C. Carr Hyatt, DVM; Jacque Marie Leclerc, DVM; and Peter Lukasik, DVM.
*Shipping and handling are not included.