Photos from “Frenectomies & Beyond: A Modern Approach to Laser Education that Challenges Traditional Methods Addressing Ankyloglossia and Tethered Oral Tissues”
This event has passed.
Photos from this event
2 Days Hands-On Course 14 CE Hours
In College Park, MD (near Washington, DC) 4920 Niagara Rd Ste 306, College Park, MD 20740
Saturday & Sunday
April 28-29, 2018
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Enhance your understanding of the issues of pediatric laser dentistry (including tongue- and lip-ties).
This Course Will:
- Demonstrate a wide range of didactic and clinical tools for the use of Lasers in Dentistry
- Present basic knowledge and education about Dental Lasers adhering to established standards of education
- Instruct Dentists, Lactation Consultants, Speech and Language, and other Allied Health care providers to understand the efficient and safe application of laser energy in everyday practice
- Provide sound scientific basis and proven efficacy of use of lasers in Dentistry in order to ensure public safety
- Explore current methods of identification of TOTS for diagnosis, treatment , and management
- Demonstrate two different practice models to integrate TOTS therapy into various practice settings
5 Hours – Laser Didactic Material
2.5 Hours – Introduction to Tethered Oral Tissues (Overview): Identification and Examination
0.5 Hours – Clinical examination with participation
Breakout into small groups and complete intraoral examination and Tongue to Spot (TTS) Measurements, classification and documentation of oral restrictions
4 Hours – Didactic Material
- Treatment and management of TOTS
- Clinical case presentations & discussions
- Comprehensive and practical integration of TOTS into practice
2 Hours – Participation: Hands on lasers laboratory experience: Diode and CO2
Meet the Instructor
Karen Wuertz, DDS, PA, DABLS
Dr. Karen Wuertz is a Diplomate of the American Board of Craniofacial Dental Sleep Medicine, a Diplomate of the American Board of Laser Surgery and a Fellow in the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain. Dr. Wuertz is passionate about treating and coordinating care for patients as it relates to oral restrictions, oral function, and airway management during Sleep. She is an Assistant Adjunct Professor, UNC School of Dentistry, Chapel Hill. Dr. Wuertz maintains active dental licensures in Virginia, North Carolina, and Texas.
Laser Curriculum for this Course is developed by the American Laser Study Club (ALSC). To receive CE credit and Certificate of Laser Course Completion, the attendees will require quiz completion and to be returned within 10 days of course completion – A Take-Home Quiz will be accessible for download at the time of online registration.
The American Laser Study Club (ALSC) has designed its Curriculum based on the original work of the ALSC’s founder Dr. Peter Vitruk . The ALSC’s curriculum overcomes the known limitations of many laser dentistry courses. The ALSC is dedicated to the detailed physics of soft tissue ablation and coagulation with laser and hot tip (non-laser) devices.
*Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon snack, hot and cold beverages will be provided.
This course’s content is endorsed by the American Laser Study Club (ALSC). This course is not organized by the ALSC. If you should have any questions or concerns about this course, please contact the organizing party.