Special ALSC Price on the New ANSI Z136.3 (2018) – Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care
In partnership with Laser Institute of America (LIA), for a limited time, American Laser Study Club members can purchase the new edition of the “ANSI Z136.3, American National Standard for Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care” at the discounted price of $99.* The retail price is $159.
To purchase your copy, use one of the following links:
- ANSI Z136.3 (2018) – Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care (Electronic Version / PDF)
- ANSI Z136.3 (2018) – Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care (Hardcopy Version / Printed)
The exclusive discount code is only available to ALSC members. The discount code can be viewed in the Members Only section of the ALSC website.
Revisions to the document for 2018 include:
- Refinement of the roles and responsibilities of the Laser Safety Officer (LSO), Deputy LSO (DLSO), Laser Safety Site Contact (LSSC), and Laser Safety Specialist (LSS), with additional information regarding these positions discussed in a new normative appendix
- Revised sections on laser plume
- Expanded guidelines for 3rd party laser rentals
- Introduction of the newly defined Class 1C, which includes laser products designed explicitly for contact application to the skin, i.e., intended for hair removal, skin wrinkle reduction, and acne reduction
- More clearly defined control measures, including the specification of laser operator responsibilities during a procedure
- Changes to area warning signage in both design and signal words
*Offer expires 12/31/2020. The quoted price does not include taxes and shipping.