Announcing the New Status of Fellow at the American Laser Study Club
The American Laser Study Club (ALSC) is excited to announce our requirements for the NEWLY established status of ALSC Fellow.
Congratulations to the first ALSC members to receive ALSC fellow status: Tara Erson, DMD, CLC, and Cara Riek, DNP, RN, FNP-BC, IBCLC. You can read Dr. Erson’s and Dr. Riek’s bios on the ALSC member directory.
The ALSC Fellow status indicates the achievement of basic knowledge in laser dentistry/surgery and laser safety education. Patients and clients will see how this differentiates Fellows from the other laser users who may not have the same level of commitment to education or a comparable level of training.
The requirements for becoming an ALSC Fellow are:
- Laser surgery must be in your scope of practice;
- You must currently be an ALSC member;
- You must have attended in the past one or more ALSC endorsed laser hands-on CE courses;
- You must be an LIA Laser Safety Basic Knowledge Certificate holder – discounts for ALSC members explained here;
- You must be an ALSC Laser Surgery Basic Knowledge Certificate holder – contact the ALSC for more information.
For LightScalpel laser users listed on the Doctors.LightScalpel.com directory, the ALSC Fellow status complements the other highly regarded achievements such as The Breathe Institute Ambassador and Tongue-Tied Academy Graduate.