The 2020 Edition of the Journal of the American Laser Study Club is Now Available Online
We are pleased to announce that the third issue of the “Journal of the American Laser Study Club” was debuted at the American Laser Study Club’s 2020 Symposium on February 28 (Delray Beach, FL). The journal is free for the American Laser Study Club (ALSC) members and also available for the general public to purchase online. The journal is published annually and is intended for physicians, dentists, veterinarians, and other healthcare professionals interested in the latest advancements in laser surgery and medicine.
The 2020 issue of the journal includes the following content:
- “Laser Frenotomy among Infants with Significant Ankyloglossia and Maxillary Lip-tie and Its Influence on Breastfeeding: A Retrospective Chart Review” by Alice Chan, DDS; Sara M. Bagher, BDS, MDS; Osama Felemban, BDS, DScD; Cheen Y. Loo, BDS, DMD, MPH, PhD; and Martin A. Kaplan, DMD”
- CO2 Laser Surgery Post-Operative Pain and Healing. A Partial Literature Review.” by Anna (Anya) Glazkova, PhD; and Peter Vitruk, PhD, MInstP, CPhys
- “Brachycephalic Obstructive Airway Syndrome (BOAS) in Dogs: Surgical CO2 Laser Treatment” by Ziemowit Kudła, DVM, VAT; and Anna Nikolajdu-Kudła, DVM
- 2020 ALSC Symposium presentation titles, abstracts, and speakers’ brief biographies.
- Kumar Patel Prize in Laser Surgery 2020 Recipients, Statements, and Biographies.
More information about the new journal is available on the ALSC website at americanlaserstudyclub.org/jalsc.
The mission of the ALSC is to fill the void in current laser surgery and laser dentistry education (i.e., the physics of laser-tissue interaction, such as absorption, scattering, ablation, coagulation and hemostasis, soft and hard tissue ablation, laser safety, etc.) and help physicians, dentists and veterinarians to excel at the efficient and safe application of laser energy in everyday practice.