The 2019 Journal of the American Laser Study Club is Now Available Online
We are excited to announce the second issue of the “Journal of the American Laser Study Club” was launched at the American Laser Study Club’s 2nd Annual Symposium on March 29 in Phoenix, AZ. This informative journal is free for American Laser Study Club (ALSC) members and also available for the general public to purchase online. The journal is published annually and is intended for physicians, dentists, and veterinarians interested in the latest advancements in laser surgery.
The 2019 issue of the journal includes the following content:
- Editor’s Note – “The American Laser Study Club’s Educational Curriculum and Courses” by Peter Vitruk, PhD, MInstP, CPhys.
- “The Importance of Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy Before and after CO2 Laser Frenectomy in Achieving Optimal Orofacial Function” by Karen M. Wuertz, DDS, ABCDSM, DABLS, FOM; and Brooke Pettus, RDH, BSDH, COMS/
- “Oral Laser Surgery: Ahhh!” by Noel Berger, DVM, MS, DABLS.
- Abstracts and biographies from the 2019 Symposium.
- Kumar Patel Prize in Laser Surgery 2019 Recipients, Statements, and Biographies.
More information about this new journal is available on the ALSC website at www.americanlaserstudyclub.org/jalsc/.
The mission of the ALSC is to fill the void in current laser surgery and laser dentistry education (i.e., the physics of laser-tissue interaction, such as absorption, scattering, ablation, coagulation and hemostasis, soft and hard tissue ablation, laser safety, etc.) and help physicians, dentists and veterinarians to excel at efficient and safe application of laser energy in everyday practice.